For information on virtual instructor-led training, please email us.
This two-day course is intended for those quality, technical and managerial staff working in food manufacturing who are new to the concept of quality management, who seeks to understand and differentiate between food safety management and quality management, and who are intending to implement the SQF Quality Code.
This course provides foundational knowledge of quality management principles and makes clear the difference between food safety management and quality management principles. The course also demonstrates the cost benefits of implementing a quality management system and describes specific measures for how to implement the SQF Quality Code using quality tools.
The SQF Quality Systems course:
- Clarifies the relationship between safety and quality,
- Explains process variation
- How to use data to understand your system
- How to prevent defects with statistical process controls
Prerequisite(s): Candidates must have successfully completed a HACCP training course meeting the SQFI definition, and either Implementing SQF Systems training (minimum: edition 7) or Auditing SQF Systems/Lead SQF Auditor training (minimum: edition 7).
Participants will receive a copy of the SQF Quality Code.
- Examine the link between product quality and quality management principles;
- Describe the product quality parameters within a food industry sector or site;
- Apply the HACCP method to identify significant quality threats and how to monitor and control them;
- Use and apply quality tools within a site;
- Understand and apply the ‘cost of quality’ model within a site;
- Apply the PDCA cycle to improve quality outcomes;
- Understand how quality management principles impact on product quality and productivity; and
- Apply and improve quality management principles within a site.
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
Quality, technical and managerial staff working in food manufacturing who are new to the concept of quality management, who seeks to understand and differentiate between food safety management and quality management, and who are intending to implement the SQF Quality Code.
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.