Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this course will not be available for the balance of 2020. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
The Association of Food and Drug Officials and the Seafood HACCP Alliance have developed the AFDO/Alliance hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) training program for fish and fishery products. The primary purpose of the AFDO/Alliance HACCP Training Protocol is to assist the implementation of HACCP programs in commercial and regulatory settings.
This Seafood HACCP Alliance approved Seafood HACCP training course is a comprehensive three day course covering all aspects of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) concept as it relates to seafood harvesting, processing, transporting, distributing and retailing.
This course was developed in collaboration with federal and state food inspection officials, academic food safety researchers and educators and representatives from the seafood and aquaculture industries. The Seafood HACCP Alliance protocol is maintained by the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO), which issues certificates for all participants who complete this course. This course is designed to meet the HACCP training requirements established under Title 21 CFR Part 123.10 of the U.S. FDA mandatory seafood inspection program.
- Introduction to the HACCP Concept
- Prerequisite Programs including the FDA Eight Key Sanitation Areas
- Preliminary Steps in Developing a HACCP Plan
- Seafood Safety Hazards
- Hazard Analysis
- Identifying Significant Hazards
- Preventive Measures
- Critical Control Point Determination
- Establishing Critical Limits
- Identifying Monitoring Procedures
- Corrective Actions
- Verification and Validation Procedures
- FDA Seafood HACCP Regulation
Participants will receive an official certificate issued by the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) after attending and successfully completing this training program.
This seafood HACCP course is divided into three distinct parts:
- HACCP fundamentals,
- Explanation of HACCP and FDA’s regulation and guidance materials to help
- Class exercises to provide practice and instruction in the development of develop a HACCP plan, and seafood HACCP plans.
The first part defines the seven principles of HACCP. Learning these principles will give a better understanding of the fundamentals on which HACCP is based.
The second part explains the seafood HACCP regulations and guidance materials that are available to help you develop a HACCP plan. This training manual also provides information about seafood-specific hazards.
- Food Safety & Quality Personnel
- Food Service Personnel
- HACCP Personnel
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- Plant Managers/Supervisors
- Production Managers/Supervisors
- QA/QC Personnel
- Quality Systems Coordinators
- Regulatory Authorities & Personnel
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This course is only available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.