Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this course will not be available for the balance of 2020. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
ISO 31000 is an international standard for Risk Management that provides a set of principles, a Risk Management framework and process, which help organizations take a proactive approach to risks that they face. ISO 31000 helps organizations to develop, implement and continuously improve a framework that aims to integrate Risk Management strategies into the overall organizational processes including decision-making. The Risk Management process involves following five steps that identify circumstances, detect risk-associated hazards, assess and determine the risk, control evaluated risks and review the impact of the risks.
During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practice of Risk Management and be able to effectively apply them in an organization in order to successfully implement a Risk management process.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Risk Management, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and skills to effectively manage a risk process in an organization.
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in Risk Management
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Day 1: Introduction to risk management principles and framework based on ISO 31000
Day 2: Risk management process based on ISO 31000
Day 3: Risk assessment techniques based on IEC/ISO 31010 and Certification Exam
Examination and Certification:
For more information about the examination and certification visit www.pecb.com
- Training material containing over 300 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued by PECB
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free (through PECB)
Participants are required to bring their copy of the ISO 31000 standard to this training program. These can be purchased through the International Organization for Standardization and the Canadian Standards Association.
Prerequisites, A fundamental understanding of ISO 31000 and comprehensive knowledge of Risk Management.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of ISO 31000 standards
- Acquire knowledge on how to apply the risk management principles to ensure the effective implementation of a risk management process based on ISO 31000 and other best practices
- Comprehend the approaches, methods and techniques used to manage risk within an organization
- Learn how to interpret ISO 31000 recommendations regarding the design and implementation of a risk management framework
- Managers or consultants responsible for the effective management of risk within an organization
- Individuals seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of Risk Management concepts, processes and principles
- Advisor involved in Risk Management
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This program is only available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.