All virtual instructor-led training courses are delivered in Eastern Time (ET).
Virtual Team Training for this course is available. Contact us to request a quote.
This virtual instructor-led training course is delivered in 3.5 hour sessions on back-to-back training days.
This virtual instructor-led training course is designed to provide attendees with a thorough understanding of the design, implementation and verification of a full internal audit program within the food facility.
Conducting internal audits with a food safety focus is required to determine whether your food safety management system is implemented effectively. The analysis of results is critical to ensure that the food safety plan continues to be effective. Challenges to achieving continual improvement in food safety programs can occur due to improperly conducted and documented internal audits. Gain the knowledge and skills to internally audit your food safety management system effectively to ensure food safety and compliance with regulatory and GFSI benchmarked food safety standard requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Determine the purpose and write the scope of an internal audit based on industry case studies
- Create an internal audit checklist for an assigned program
- Complete an internal audit non-conformance/corrective action report for an assigned industry scenario
- Write objective audit report statements
This course concludes with an online examination. The link to access the exam will be emailed to the email address used for course registration. The online exam must be completed within ten business days of having completed the training course, following which, the exam access will expire.
Prerequisite(s): A strong food safety background is required.
TAKE THIS COURSE ONLINE: This program is also available as a self-paced eLearning course.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between inspection, audit and verification activities
- Discuss the role of internal auditing in maintaining and improving the food safety system
- Apply techniques in planning and conducting audits and writing internal audit reports
- Use objective evidence to assess conformance and impact of non-conformances on food safety
- Manage the corrective and preventive action process for continual improvement
- Facility Managers
- Food Safety Managers
- Food Industry Personnel looking to implement
- and/or improve their facility’s internal audit program Global Food Safety Managers and Personnel
- HACCP Managers and Personnel
- Internal Food Safety Auditors
- Maintenance Supervisors
- Operations, Maintenance and Sanitation Managers
- Production Managers and Supervisors
- QA/QC Managers and Personnel
- Quality Auditors
- Quality Systems Coordinators
- Supply Chain Managers
Online Exam Information:
- You must have a valid email address to receive your login and password information.
- The exam is open book, which means that you may refer to any notes taken during the course, as well as relevant training materials. You will be allowed a total of two attempts to successfully complete the examination.
- Once started, you will have 60 minutes per attempt to compete the exam. Learners may NOT stop and resume the examination at a later time. Once started, you must complete the attempt within 60 minutes.
- Upon successful completion of the online exam, your NSF Certificate of Accomplishment is immediately available for download as PDF and for printing. If the exam is not written within 10 business days of completing the training course, the learner will need to re-register for the exam and pay an extension fee of $175.
- If you do not pass after two attempts, you will need to re-register for the course and pay the full registration fee.
Computer and Internet Connection:
- You will need regular access to a computer with an internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is recommended.
- Compatible Web Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE Edge and higher
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.