All virtual instructor-led training courses are delivered in Eastern Time (ET).
This course is available Private Team Training. Please email us for a quote.
This virtual instructor-led training course is delivered on back-to-back training days as follows:
Training Day One, Two, Three, Four: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm ET
Training Day Five: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm ET
This training course has been developed to reflect the importance of an effective audit. It strengthens your knowledge and skills to plan and carry out an FSMS audit in compliance with the guidelines for auditing management systems provided in ISO 19011 and the certification process presented in ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Through practical exercises, interactive sessions, and discussions, you will be able to gain knowledge on the FSMS and audit techniques. You will also be able to perform an FSMS audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques, as well as be able to manage an audit team.
After attending the training course, you can take the exam. If you pass, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Auditor” credential. An internationally recognized “PECB ISO 22000 Lead Auditor” certificate validates your professional capabilities and competences to audit organizations based on the requirements of ISO 22000 and auditing best practices.
- This training course is participant centered and contains:
- Theories, auditing best practices used in FSMS audits, ISO 22000 requirements, and international auditing standards
- Lecture sessions, which are illustrated with practical exercises based on a case study that includes role-playing and discussions
- Interactions, made between participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Exercises, which are a simulation and preview of the certification exam
Day 1: Introduction to the food safety management system (FSMS) and ISO 22000
Day 2: Audit principles and the preparation for and initiation of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Half-day study and Q&A session
** To take the PECB exam: The online remote PECB exam must be scheduled by the learner directly with PECB. A PECB remote Invigilator will be invigilating at all times. For details and instructions on how to schedule your online remote invigilated exam, please see the PECB Online Exam Preparation Guide.
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Participants will be provided with over 450 pages of training material containing explanatory information and practical examples.
- An attendance record valid of 31 CPD (continuing professional development) credits will be issued to participants who have attended the training course.
- In case of exam failure, the candidate can retake the exam once for free within 12 months following the initial exam date.
Examination and Certification
For more information about the examination and certification visit www.pecb.com
Participants are required to bring their copies of the ISO 22000:2018 and ISO 19011 standards to this training program. These can be purchased through the International Organization for Standardization and the Canadian Standards Association.
Prerequisite(s): The main requirements for participating in this training course are: a fundamental understanding of food safety concepts and a comprehensive knowledge of FSMS audit principles.
This training course enables you to understand the:
- Operations of a food safety management system based on ISO 22000
- Relationship between ISO 22000 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Requirements of ISO 22000 in the context of an FSMS audit
- Auditor’s role in planning, leading, and following up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Auditors interested in performing and leading food safety management system audits
- Managers or consultants interested in mastering the food safety management system audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to the FSMS requirements in an organization
- Technical experts interested in preparing for a food safety management system audit
- Expert advisors in food safety management
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This course is available for Private Team Training. Please email us for a quote.