Course Duration:This online course will take approximately 13 hours to complete. You can start, stop, and pause at any time, progressing through the course at your own pace.
The HACCP method underlies all food safety programs, including GFSI-benchmarked schemes, and is a preventive approach to food safety.
This online, self-paced HACCP training course is designed to provide learners with a thorough understanding of the concepts and application of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) method for assessing, identifying and controlling hazards. In this course, learners will gain the knowledge, confidence and skills to apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop, implement and maintain a HACCP-based food safety management system.
What You’ll Do
- Work through Codex HACCP form templates for a product and process
- Work through the methodology of food safety risk assessment
- Differentiate between critical control points (CCPs) and process controls (PCs)
This course satisfies the HACCP training requirement for the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standards BRC, SQF, FSSC 22000, etc.
Upon registration, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the training course through NSF’s eLearning portal. An email address is required for registration and to receive the login instructions. You will have three months to complete the course from the date of registration. Upon successful course completion, including a passing score on an 80-question final test, you will gain access to print your official NSF Certificate of Accomplishment. If the course is not completed (including completion of the final online exam) within the three month time frame, the learner will need to re-register for the course and pay the full registration fee.
Licenses can be purchased individually or in bulk. To purchase group/bulk licenses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is also offered face-to-face / in-class. Please click here to learn more.
Have you already completed HACCP training? Do you only need a refresher?
Prerequisite(s): A strong understanding and working knowledge of prerequisite programs/ GMPs is required.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 1.3 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop and maintain your HACCP plans
- Assess a process flow diagram
- Differentiate between physical, chemical and biological hazards
- Conduct a hazard analysis of a production process
- Determine control measures for identified significant hazards
- Identify critical control points, critical limits, monitoring methods and corrective actions
- Identify methods to verify the HACCP plan
- Engineering, Maintenance and Sanitation Managers, Supervisors and Personnel
- Facility Managers
- Food Safety Managers
- Food Safety Technicians, Specialists and Personnel
- Food Safety and Compliance Managers
- Global Food Safety Managers and Personnel
- HACCP Coordinator, Specialist and Team Members
- Owners/Operations of Food Manufacturing Business
- Plant Managers and Supervisors
- Operations and Production Managers and Supervisors
- QA/QC Managers, Supervisors and Technicians
- QA/QC Specialists and Personnel
- Quality and Food Safety Technologists
- R&D Managers and Personnel
- Supply Chain Managers
- All food related industry personnel responsible for receiving, storing, staging, preparing, processing, loading, shipping and transport of food and food related products.
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com.