For information on virtual instructor-led training, please email us.
The HACCP method underlies all food safety programs and is a preventive approach to food safety. This course introduces the concepts of HACCP and focuses on the methodology of building a HACCP plan for food preparation in a retail foodservice environment that is based on a solid foundation of robust prerequisite programs and Good Retail Practices (GRPs).
Understanding the process approach to HACCP empowers you to identify and control food safety hazards in the retail environment, and supports a robust food safety culture. In this course you will gain the knowledge, confidence and skills to develop, implement and maintain a HACCP-based food safety management system in a retail and foodservice establishment.
HACCP for Retail and Foodservice Operations is an examinable program. The examination is available online and is optional for learners who have attended and successfully completed the requirements of the course. The link to access the exam will be emailed to the email address used for course registration. The online exam must be completed within ten business days of having completed the training course, following which, the exam access will expire.
This course satisfies the HACCP training requirement for the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standards (BRCGS, SQF, FSSC 22000, etc.).
Prerequisite(s): A good working knowledge of prerequisite programs and GRPs is essential.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 1.3 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Apply the process approach to HACCP and develop and maintain your HACCP plans
- Differentiate between physical, chemical and biological hazards in the retail environment
- Conduct a hazard analysis and utilize the HACCP decision tree to identify critical control points
- Determine control measures for identified significant hazards
- Identify critical limits, monitoring methods and corrective actions
- Verify the HACCP plan
Food retail and food service sector personnel, including HACCP team, staff and front-line food safety personnel in retail and food service establishments.
Optional Online Exam Information:
- The exam is open book, which means that you may refer to any notes taken during the course, as well as relevant training materials. You will be allowed a total of two attempts to successfully complete the examination. The first attempt may be taken at the training venue at the end of the training day.
- Once started, you will have 120 minutes per attempt to compete the exam. Learners may NOT stop and resume the examination at a later time. Once started, you must complete the attempt within 120 minutes.
- Upon successful completion of the online exam, your NSF Certificate of Accomplishment is immediately available for download as PDF and for printing. If the exam is not written within 10 business days of completing the training course, the learner will need to re-register for the exam and pay an extension fee of $175.
- If you do not pass after two attempts, you will need to re-register for the course and pay the full registration fee.
Computer and Internet Connection:
- You will need regular access to a computer with an internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is recommended.
- Compatible Web Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE Edge and higher
You must have a valid email address to receive your login and password information.
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.