All virtual instructor-led training courses are delivered in Eastern Time (ET).
Virtual Team Training for this course is available. Contact us to request a quote.
This virtual instructor-led training course is delivered in four 3.5-hour sessions on back-to-back training days.
The food safety risks and controls for a food packaging manufacturing facility are different from those for food processors. Whether you manufacture flexible packaging, rigid plastics, cartons, cut and stack labels, or glass or composite cans, this training provides the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop, implement and maintain a HACCP-based food safety management system.
What You’ll Do
- Assess a process flow for your operation
- Use the decision tree to identify process controls and critical control points (CCPs)
- Examine shared HACCP plan models for various packaging materials
- Work through a documentation framework for developing HACCP plans, with demonstration of forms and templates for an identified packaging product and manufacturing process
- Discuss implementation strategies
This course concludes with an online examination. The link to access the exam will be emailed to the email address used for course registration. The online exam must be completed within ten business days of having completed the training course, following which, the exam access will expire.
This course satisfies the HACCP training requirement for the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standards (BRCGS, SQF, FSSC 22000, etc.).
This course incorporates group activities that require
you to connect your audio and microphone through your computer (VoIP).
Please ensure your computer microphone is functioning prior to this session. Your
participation via microphone will ensure you meet completion requirements. We
strongly recommend using a headset, as this helps limit background noises and
echoes. Dialing in via phone will not be available for this webinar.
Prerequisite(s): Working knowledge of the food packaging industry is essential. A good understanding of food safety principles is beneficial.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 1.3 CEUs for this program.
This course is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of HACCP in managing food safety along the packaging supply chain
- Apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop and maintain your HACCP plans
- Analyze packaging-related food safety hazards
- Begin developing or strengthening your prerequisite programs and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Develop and implement your HACCP plan
- Facility Managers
- Food Safety Auditors and Consultants
- Food Safety and Compliance Managers
- Food Safety Personnel
- Food Supplier Management
- Global Food Safety Managers and Personnel
- HACCP Coordinator and Team Members
- HACCP Personnel
- Owners/Operations of Food Packaging Manufacturing Business
- Operations, Maintenance and Sanitation Managers,
- Supervisors and Personnel
- Plant/Corporate Management and Supervisors
- Production Managers and Supervisors
- QA/QC Managers and Personnel
- Quality Auditors
- Quality System Coordinators
- Senior Managers
- Sites Seeking SQF Certification
- Supply Chain Managers
Online Exam Information:
- You must have a valid email address to receive your login and password information.
- The exam is open book, which means that you may refer to any notes taken during the course, as well as relevant training materials. You will be allowed a total of two attempts to successfully complete the examination.
- Once started, you will have 120 minutes per attempt to compete the exam. Learners may NOT stop and resume the examination at a later time. Once started, you must complete the attempt within 120 minutes.
- Upon successful completion of the online exam, your NSF Certificate of Accomplishment is immediately available for download as PDF and for printing. If the exam is not written within 10 business days of completing the training course, the learner will need to re-register for the exam and pay an extension fee of $175.
- If you do not pass after two attempts, you will need to re-register for the course and pay the full registration fee.
Computer and Internet Connection:
- You will need regular access to a computer with an internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is recommended.
- Compatible Web Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE Edge and higher
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email for a quote.