TRAIN YOUR TEAM: Licenses can be purchased individually or in bulk. Bulk pricing discounts are available for eLearning licenses when training seven or more team members. The more you purchase, the more you save. Bulk pricing for this program is as follows:
- 7-15 User Licenses: $560.00 USD/license
- 16+ User Licenses: $375.00 USD/license
Please email us to take advantage of this pricing today.
This online course will take approximately 13 hours to complete. You can start, stop, and pause at any time, progressing through the course at your own pace.
The food safety risks and controls for a food packaging manufacturing facility are different from those for food processors. Whether you manufacture flexible packaging, rigid plastics, cartons, cut and stack labels, or glass or composite cans, this training provides the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop, implement and maintain a HACCP-based food safety management system.
What You’ll Do
- Assess a process flow for your operation
- Use a decision tree to identify process controls and critical control points (CCPs)
- Examine shared HACCP plan models for various packaging materials
- Work through a documentation framework for developing HACCP plans, with demonstration of forms and templates for an identified packaging product and manufacturing process
- Discuss implementation strategies
Upon registration, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the training course through NSF’s eLearning portal. An email address is required for registration and to receive the login instructions. You will have three months to complete the course from the date of registration. Upon successful course completion, including a passing score on the final test, you will gain access to print your official NSF Certificate of Accomplishment. If the course is not completed (including completion of the final online exam) within the three month time frame, the learner will need to re-register for the course and pay the full registration fee.
This course satisfies the HACCP training requirement for the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standards (BRCGS, SQF, FSSC 22000, etc.).
Prerequisite(s): Working knowledge of the food packaging industry is essential. A good understanding of food safety principles is beneficial.
This course is also available through virtual instructor-led training.
Virtual Team Training for this course is available. Please email us for a quote.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of HACCP in managing food safety along the packaging supply chain
- Apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop and maintain your HACCP plans
- Analyze packaging-related food safety hazards
- Begin developing or strengthening your prerequisite programs and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Develop and implement your HACCP plan
- Facility Managers
- Food Safety Auditors and Consultants
- Food Safety and Compliance Managers
- Food Safety Personnel
- Food Supplier Management
- Global Food Safety Managers and Personnel
- HACCP Coordinator and Team Members
- HACCP Personnel
- Owners/Operations of Food Packaging Manufacturing Business
- Operations, Maintenance and Sanitation Managers,
- Supervisors and Personnel
- Plant/Corporate Management and Supervisors
- Production Managers and Supervisors
- QA/QC Managers and Personnel
- Quality Auditors
- Quality System Coordinators
- Senior Managers
- Sites Seeking SQF Certification
- Supply Chain Managers