Consumers are becoming more knowledgeable about food quality and are paying close attention to food labels. One area of concern is the expiration date and shelf life of foods in the supermarkets. Determining the shelf life of a food product involves considering the microbiological, physical and chemical deterioration of the food product over time and using the appropriate analytical and sensory methods to assess product quality.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 0.70 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Define shelf life and the factors influencing it
- Determine the appropriate evaluation methods to perform shelf-life testing
- Analyze the relationship between sensory attributes and product shelf life
- Determine the appropriate approach to accelerated shelf-life testing for your product
- Review case studies and analyze data to determine the shelf life of food products
- Food Safety Personnel
- Food Service Managers and Personnel
- Global Food Safety Coordinators & Managers
- Owners/Operators of Food Businesses
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This program is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.