This course will be delivered in-person at our Guelph office!
The HACCP method underlies all food safety programs, including GFSI schemes, and is a preventive approach to food safety. Prerequisite programs and your HACCP plan are components of a preventive control plan (PCP).
This course introduces the concepts of HACCP and focuses on the methodology of building a HACCP plan on a solid foundation using robust prerequisite and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) programs. Understanding the HACCP method empowers you to identify and control food safety hazards, and supports a robust food safety culture. In this course you gain the knowledge, confidence and skills to apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop, implement and maintain a HACCP-based food safety management system.
What You’ll Do
- Work through a documentation framework for developing HACCP plans, with demonstration of forms and templates for an identified product and process
- Work through the methodology of food safety risk assessment
- Use a HACCP decision tree to identify critical control points
Prerequisite(s): HACCP I: Prerequisite Programs. A good working knowledge of GMPs is essential.
This course satisfies the HACCP training requirement for the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standards (BRCGS, SQF, FSSC 22000, etc.).
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 1.3 CEUs for this program.
This course is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop and maintain your HACCP plans
- Assess and verify a process flow diagram
- Differentiate between physical, chemical and biological hazards
- Conduct a hazard analysis
- Determine control measures for identified significant hazards
- Identify critical limits, monitoring methods and corrective actions
- Verify a HACCP plan
- Food Safety & Quality Personnel
- Global Food Safety Personnel
- HACCP Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Laboratory Personnel
- Operations/Maintenance/Sanitation Personnel
- Owners/Operators of Food Businesses
- Plant Managers/Supervisors
- Product Development Personnel
- Production Managers/Supervisors
- QA/QC Personnel
- Quality Auditors
- R&D Personnel
This course is available for Private Team Training; groups of six or more participants recommended for training to be cost-effective. Please email us for a quote.