This course is currently available through virtual instructor-led training only.
This course is also available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
The food safety risks and controls for a food packaging manufacturing facility are different from those for food processors. Whether you manufacture flexible packaging, rigid plastics, cartons, cut and stack labels, or glass or composite cans, this training provides the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop, implement and maintain a HACCP-based food safety management system.
What You’ll Do
- Differentiate between critical control points (CCPs) and process controls (PCs)
- Create a process flow for your operation
- Use the decision tree to identify process controls and critical control points (CCPs)
- Examine shared HACCP plan models for various packaging materials
- Work through CFIA HACCP forms 1-11 for an identified packaging product and manufacturing process
Effective July 15th, 2020, the optional HACCP for Manufacturing Food Packaging Materials online examination will no longer be available as an option.
This course satisfies the HACCP training requirement for the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standards (BRCGS, SQF, FSSC 22000, etc.).
Prerequisite(s): Working knowledge of the food packaging industry is essential. A good understanding of food safety principles is beneficial.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 1.3 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of HACCP in managing food safety along the packaging supply chain
- Identify packaging-related food safety hazards
- Define prerequisite programs and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Develop and implement your HACCP plan
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
- Facilities Managers
- Food Safety Personnel
- Global Food Safety Coordinators & Managers
- HACCP Team Members
- Owners/Operators of Food Manufacturing Business
- QA/QC Managers, Technicians & Supervisors
- Supply Chain Managers
- Production, Manufacturing and Operations personnel
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This program is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.