For information on virtual instructor-led training, please email us.
As a fresh produce supplier and processor for major North American retailers/warehouse clubs, marketers and distributors, you must comply with both regulatory and client requirements for food safety. This course teaches you how to develop, implement and maintain a robust HACCP food safety system.
What You’ll Do
- Discuss specific customer requirements for produce safety
- Create a process flow for your operation
- Identify hazards specific to produce operations
- Conduct a risk assessment
- Use the decision tree to determine process controls and critical control points (CCPs)
- Practice completing required food safety documentation
Prerequisite(s): An understanding of prerequisite programs and Good Agricultural Practices is essential.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 1.3 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Discuss food safety, Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) and prerequisite programs as building blocks for HACCP
- Apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop and maintain your HACCP plans
- Conduct a hazard analysis and utilize the HACCP decision tree to identify critical control points
- Identify potential hazards during growing, harvesting, sorting, packing and distribution of raw produce
- Manage the risks related to fresh produce
- Discuss sanitary post-harvest handling of produce
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
- Agriculture Sector Professionals
- Farmers Growers / Producers of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- HACCP Coordinators
- HACCP Team Members
- Owners/Operators of Food Businesses
- QA/QC Managers, Technicians & Supervisors
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.