Protecting your brand, your facility and your customers from intentional harm drives the requirement for a robust food defense plan. GFSI-benchmarked standards and FSMA require sites to have a food defense plan. A facility must first assess its vulnerabilities and then develop, implement and document a food defense plan to mitigate the risk of intentional adulteration. Learn how to conduct a vulnerability assessment and develop your food defense plan in this training program.
This training course is not going to meet the FDA
Intentional Adulteration regulation and training requirements, based on the new
FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against
Intentional Adulteration (published March 2019), and is not considered an
approved "standardized curriculum" recognized by FDA.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Analyze the risks in your process and determine vulnerable areas in your operations
- Differentiate between Vulnerability Analysis and Critical Control Point (VACCP) and Threat Assessment and Critical Control Point (TACCP)
- Begin to document your food defense plan
- Develop and implement mitigation strategies to protect against intentional adulteration
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
- Certification Managers
- Facility Managers
- Food Safety & Quality Personnel
- HACCP Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- Plant Managers/Supervisors
- Process Engineers
- Product Development/R&D/Food Technologists
- Production Managers/Supervisors
- QA/QC Personnel
- Quality Systems Managers & Personnel
- Regulatory Authorities & Personnel
- Risk & Compliance Managers
- SQF Certified Suppliers
- SQF Practitioners
- SQF Personnel
- Supply Chain Managers
- Security Managers involved in managing food operations or having responsibility for security of food facilities
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This program is available an an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.