This course is also available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
All webinars are delivered in Eastern Time (ET).
This program is also available as an instructor-led webinar: FDA Revised Supplement Facts Label for Dietary Supplements - Webinar.
The compliance date for the revised FDA Supplement Facts label for dietary supplements of January 1, 2020 is upon us.
The FDA has modernized the dietary Supplement Facts label to reflect a wide range of influential factors, including scientific advances in dietary ingredient and nutrition information, research into consumers’ usage and application of dietary supplement and nutrition information, and the FDA’s evolving nutrition policy. The new Supplement Facts label will provide consumers with dietary ingredient and nutrition information that is both easier to understand and more accurate.
Join us for this online session and learn about the FDA’s revised Supplement Facts label from the experts, including:
- Mandatory nutrient (b2 dietary ingredients) declarations
- Revised recommended dietary intakes and daily reference values, including new values for children 1-3 years of age
- The FDA’s definitions of dietary fiber and added sugars
- Metric units of measure
- The impact of added folic acid on a folate declaration
- And more!
Prerequisite(s): Experience and working knowledge of Nutrition Facts label requirements and/or previous attendance at NSF’s webinar Modernized Nutrition Facts Label for Packaged Foods in the U.S.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Describe the format and content changes to the new Supplement Facts label
- Discuss revisions to the recommended daily intake (RDI) for micronutrients and revisions to the daily reference value (DRV) for total fat, total carbohydrates, sodium and dietary fiber as well as the new DRV for added sugars
- Prepare for the background calculations and recordkeeping to validate declarations of dietary fiber, added sugars, total folate and vitamin E
- Identify the steps you need to take to ensure full and timely compliance
- Food Agents and/or Brokers
- Food Importers/Exporters
- Food Safety & Quality Personnel
- Food Scientists
- Graphic Designers of Food Labels
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Packaging Engineers/Developers
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- Product Development/R&D/Food Technologists
- Production Managers/Supervisors
- QA/QC Personnel
- Quality Systems Coordinators
- Sales and Marketing
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.