Please click here to register.
This course is also available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
U.S. FDA has revised the Nutrition Facts label for packaged foods and the January 1, 2020 date of compliance is fast approaching. The new Nutrition Facts label is designed to reflect advances in nutritional science and help consumers easily locate the specific nutrient information that drives better-informed food choices.
Join us for this online session and learn about the FDA Nutrition Facts label changes from the experts, including:
- The scientific rationale behind the changes and results of the FDA’s consumer research
- The type of information required to substantiate particular Nutrition Facts label declarations
- How to perform the required background calculations
- The scope of mandatory record keeping
- Metric measures and their expanded usage by the FDA
- Revised recommended dietary intakes (RDIs) and daily reference values (DRVs), including new values for children 1-3 years of age
- The FDA’s definition of an added sugar and its new definition of dietary fiber
- Alignment with the FDA’s evolving nutrition policy
- How to prepare for complete compliance
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Describe the format and content changes to the new Nutrition Facts label
- Identify and differentiate the metric measures used within the Nutrition Facts label
- Prepare for the new background calculation requirements and daily reference value changes for fat, total carbohydrates, added sugars, sodium and dietary fiber
- Discuss revisions to the RDIs for micronutrients, to the DRVs for sodium and macronutrients, and to the serving size
- Outline and discuss the newly-enforced recordkeeping requirements
- Review the impact the revised Nutrition Facts label may have on your brand
- Identify the steps you need to take to ensure compliance
- Certification Managers
- Food Agents and/or Brokers
- Food Importers/Exporters
- Food Safety & Quality Personnel
- Food Service Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Packaging Engineers/Developers
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- Product Development/R&D/Food Technologists
- Production Managers/Supervisors
- QA/QC Personnel
- Regulatory Authorities & Personnel
- Sales and Marketing
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This course is available as an on-site offering. Please email us for a quote.