Gain an overview of current labelling regulations, including Health Canada’s regulatory amendments to ingredient and nutrition labelling (December 2016). This training program covers food labelling under federal jurisdiction for a wide range of foods from processed goods to meat and poultry products. It covers basic labelling considerations (common name, net contents, ingredient list, nutrition facts and dealer name and address), as well as additional labelling considerations that may apply (storage information, durable life dates, artificial sweetener statements, vignettes, artificial flavours, country of origin, etc.). This course provides a great foundation for the Canadian Ingredient and Nutrition Labelling courses.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Develop a food label under the Food and Drug Regulations and the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations
- Identify foods that require a label and what exemptions may be applicable
- Discuss packaging and labelling definitions and how they relate to the presentation of information, type heights, etc.
- Better appreciate how layout options can address your design objectives
- Differentiate between retail (consumer) and non-retail (foodservice/further manufacture) labelling considerations
- Discuss common names, standard names and descriptive names
- Describe how country of origin labelling may be applicable to your food
- Food Inspectors
- Food Safety & Quality Consultants
- Food Safety Personnel
- Food Scientists
- Food Service Personnel
- Food Technologists
- Global Food Safety Personnel
- HACCP Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Marketing Personnel
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- Plant Managers/Supervisors
- Product Development Personnel
- Production Managers/Supervisors
- Public Health Inspectors
- R&D Personnel
- Regulatory Authorities & Personnel
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This program is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.