This program is also available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
Designed as an ideal follow-up to the Canadian Ingredient Labelling workshop, this interactive workshop offers an advanced look at select Canadian ingredient labelling regulations, including enhanced food allergen, gluten source and sulphite labelling, precautionary allergen labelling, CFIA’s Guidelines for Highlighted Ingredients and Flavours and ingredient labelling modernization. With hands-on industry examples, learners will work toward mastering the development of compliant ingredients lists.
Ask questions of a leading regulatory expert and navigate the complexities of food labelling rules, regulations, policies and guidelines to ensure a strong understanding of regulatory requirements for compliance.
Prerequisite(s): 3-5 years’ ingredient labelling experience or completion of the Canadian Ingredient Labelling workshop is strongly recommended. This course is not at a beginner level.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Develop a clean list of ingredients
- Manage and address allergen and precautionary allergen labelling
- Discuss how ingredient labelling rules affect your efforts to simplify your ingredient lists and manage the clean labelling process
- Review your list of ingredients considering the marketability of your product (natural, no preservatives, no artificial flavours and colours, no GMO, etc.).
- Discuss how CFIA’s Guidelines for Highlighted Ingredients and Flavours affect label and advertising statements
- Prepare for modernization changes related to ingredient, allergen and precautionary allergen labelling finalized in December 2016 (to replace the former regulations by December 2021)
- Become more familiar with new sugars-based ingredients labelling
- Food Inspectors
- Food Safety & Quality Consultants
- Food Safety Personnel
- Food Scientists
- Food Service Personnel
- Food Technologists
- Global Food Safety Personnel
- HACCP Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Marketing Personnel
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- Plant Managers/Supervisors
- Product Development Personnel
- Production Managers/Supervisors
- Public Health Inspectors
- R&D Personnel
- Regulatory Authorities & Personnel
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This program is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.