Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this course will not be available for the balance of 2020. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
ISO 28000 is an international standard which addresses the requirements of a Security Management System (SMS) for the supply chain. It specifies the aspects to help the organization to assess security threats and to manage them as they arise in their supply chain. Security Management is related to other aspects of business management. With ISO 28000, organizations can determine if appropriate security measures are in place and can protect their properties from various threats.
ISO 28000 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements to implement and manage a Supply Chain Security Management System (SCSMS) as specified in ISO 28000. During this training course, you will be able to understand the different modules of a SCSMS, including SCSMS policy, procedures, performance measurements, management commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 28000 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental methodologies, requirements, framework and management approach.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Day 1: Introduction to Supply Chain Security Management System (SCSMS) concepts as required by ISO 28000
Day 2: Supply Chain Security Management System requirements and Certification Exam
Examination and Certification:
For more information about the examination and certification visit www.pecb.com
- Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued by PECB
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free (through PECB)
Participants are required to bring their copy of the ISO 31000 standard to this training program. These can be purchased through the International Organization for Standardization and the Canadian Standards Association.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Understand the elements of a Supply Chain Security Management System (SCSMS) and its principal processes
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 28000 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and management of a SCSMS
- Individuals involved in Supply Chain Security Management
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of Supply Chain Security Management Systems (SCSMS)
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Supply Chain Security Management
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This program is only available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.