Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this course will not be available for the balance of 2020. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
This course is designed to provide an introduction to SPC, SPC tools and application in the manufacturing environment for process and quality control.
Statistical process control (SPC) is a key tool for improved quality in a manufacturing process. It is an industry-standard for measuring and controlling quality, using data-based and objective techniques. This two-day technical training course focuses on SPC techniques and the application of problem-solving methods to assist in identifying causes of variation and their reduction to levels that ensure compliance to specifications.
Using food industry examples, this participatory workshop includes hands-on exercises and interactive tools to foster understanding of concepts and application to actual data. The skills you develop will help you support productivity and quality improvement programs, and address quality compliance challenges in your facility.
Prerequisite(s): Basic math and graphing skills are required. A good technical understanding of products, processes, and measuring devices in the work environment will be beneficial.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 1.3 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Describe and apply sampling in SPC, basic statistical concepts and SPC techniques, such as histograms, Pareto charts, scatter diagrams, fishbone diagrams, run charts and control charts
- Explain variable control charts and process capability
- Select and construct the most appropriate control chart for your application
- Calculate control limits and interpret control charts
- Assess the data to determine when your system is in statistical control
- Discuss the difference between attribute and variable data collection, and how to use them to ensure that your data collection is efficient and effective
- Apply SPC to improve the capability of your HACCP and quality plans through food safety and operational/quality
- Food Safety & Quality Personnel
- Food Scientists
- Production Managers and Personnel/Supervisors
- QA/QC Personnel
- Quality Systems Coordinators
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.