This course is only available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
This two-day course is intended for those quality, technical and managerial staff working in food manufacturing who are new to the concept of quality management. This course provides foundational knowledge of quality management principles and makes clear the difference between food safety management and quality management principles. The course also demonstrates the cost benefits of implementing a quality management system and describes specific measures for how to implement the SQF Quality Code using quality tools.
Participants will receive a copy of the SQF Quality Code, Edition 8.1.
Prerequisite(s): Candidates must have successfully completed a HACCP training course meeting the SQFI definition, and either Implementing SQF Systems training or Auditing SQF Systems/Lead SQF Auditor training.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Examine the link between product quality and quality management principles;
- Describe the product quality parameters within a food industry sector or site;
- Apply the HACCP method to identify significant quality threats and how to monitor and control them;
- Use and apply quality tools within a site;
- Understand and apply the ‘cost of quality’ model within a site;
- Apply the PDCA cycle to improve quality outcomes;
- Understand how quality management principles impact on product quality and productivity; and
- Apply and improve quality management principles within a site.
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
Quality, technical and managerial staff working in food manufacturing who are new to the concept of quality management.
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.