For information on virtual instructor-led training, please email us.
Whether your food business has a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system in place to manage food safety or you are implementing a HACCP-based system for the first time, you need to be in compliance with the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) preventive controls requirements. This course provides the fundamentals of SFCR preventive controls and traceability requirements and options for integrating HACCP into an SFCR-compliant preventive control plan (PCP).
Prerequisite: Good working knowledge of PRPs and HACCP, either through practical experience in a food manufacturing facility or completion of NSF HACCP I: Prerequisite Programs & HACCP II: Developing your HACCP Plan training (or equivalent two-day HACCP Food Management System training).
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Describe the SFCR preventive controls and traceability requirements
- Identify options for integrating HACCP into an SFCR-compliant PCP
- Explain the general requirements for PCs and traceability under the SFCR
- Identify the similarities and the gaps between your HACCP plan and SFCR preventive control plan requirements
- Plan activities to become SFCR compliant
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
- Facility Managers
- Food Importers/Exporters
- Food Safety & Quality Personnel
- HACCP Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- QA/QC Personnel
- Quality Systems Coordinators
- Regulatory Authorities & Personnel
- Supply Chain Managers
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.