All webinars are delivered in Eastern Time (ET).
This course is also available as an onsite offering by webinar. Please email us for a quote.
The Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) are similar to the U.S. FSMA requirements. There are some key differences, however, to keep in mind as you prepare for SFCR compliance. These include:
- The approach to preventive controls
- Documentation requirements
This course provides a comparison of the key elements of the SFCR with the U.S. FDA FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food rule requirements. You will gain a solid understanding of the North American regulatory landscape and become familiar with the U.S. FDA-Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) Food Safety Systems Recognition Arrangement, differences in preventive controls terminology and requirements, and documentation requirements.
This course refers to the FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food rule requirements only. Requirements pertaining to any other rules under FSMA will not be addressed.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 0.3 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Outline the government agency responsible for oversight of the different commodities in the U.S. (e.g. meat and poultry, seafood and processed goods)
- Discuss the key similarities and differences between the SFCR and FSMA requirements
- Differentiate between the preventive controls and documentation requirements under SFCR and FSMA
- Discuss how to manage your documentation to meet the SFCR preventive control plan and FSMA food safety plan requirements
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
- Certification Managers
- Facility Managers
- Food Agents and/or Brokers
- Food Importers/Exporters
- Food Safety & Quality Personnel
- HACCP Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Lab Personnel
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- Plant Managers/Supervisors
- Product Development/R&D/Food Technologists
- Production Managers/Supervisors
- QA/QC Personnel
- Quality Systems Coordinators
- Regulatory Authorities & Personnel
- Supply Chain Managers
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.