Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this course will not be available for the balance of 2020. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
Sensory evaluation is essential for developing new products and assessing product quality, as well as for consumer satisfaction and market success. Correct application of sensory evaluation methods is key to collecting useful, relevant data to guide business decisions. Develop your sensory skills and expand your knowledge of the science of sensory evaluation in this two-day, hands-on workshop. This course includes application of sensory evaluation techniques and participation in numerous sensory evaluation exercises.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in hands-on sensory product evaluation to detect the basic tastes (sweet, salty, bitter, sour) and determine your taste threshold
- Participate in flavor and odor recognition exercises
- Evaluate product samples using different sensory testing methods (i.e. triangle test, difference from control test, consumer acceptance test)
You will be participating in numerous sensory evaluation exercises. If you have any dietary restrictions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 1.30 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Describe the functions and applications of sensory evaluation
- Develop your understanding of sensory attributes (aroma, appearance, flavour, texture)
- Differentiate between sensory methods (analytical and affective)
- Manage the sensory evaluation process, including choosing best testing formats, preparing questionnaires and reporting meaningful results
- Dietician or Nutritionist
- Food Scientists
- Food Service Managers and Personnel
- Food Technologists
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Laboratory Personnel
- Product Development Managers and Personnel
- Production Managers and Supervisors
- Quality Auditors
- R&D Managers And Personnel
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This course is available for customized delivery at the NSF International facility in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Please email us for more information.