This program is only available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
A major contributor to the survival of pathogens in equipment and the environment is lack of proper sanitary design, resulting in hard-to-clean microbial niches. This course helps you understand the principles of sanitary design and covers requirements and industry standards for new equipment design and installation to meet the highest standards of hygiene. Permanent and demonstrably effective solutions to pathogen findings in the environment and equipment are required to manage the risk to the consumer, avoid regulatory action, and protect your business.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoot sanitation issues
- Evaluate food plant case studies and scenarios to assess sanitary design
- Determine the sanitary design requirements for various facility expansion projects and equipment purchases
- Use the American Meat Institute (AMI) checklist to assess sanitary design
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training & Education Services offers CEUs for its program that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training & Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Discuss sanitary design principles, regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Describe elements of sanitary design requirements for sites (coatings and building utilities), buildings, layouts, structure (ceilings, walls, floors, construction), equipment and equipment supports, utensils and tools
- Select materials and equipment with sanitary design in mind
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Personnel
- Maintenance and Production Personnel
- Sanitation Personnel
- Process Engineers
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This program is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.