Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this course will not be available for the balance of 2020. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
ISO 31000 is an international standard for Risk Management that provides a set of principles, a Risk Management framework and process, which help organizations take a proactive approach to risks that they face. ISO 31000 helps organizations to develop, implement and continuously improve a framework that aims to integrate Risk Management strategies into the overall organizational processes including decision-making. The Risk Management process involves following five steps that identify circumstances, detect risk-associated hazards, assess and determine the risk, control evaluated risks and review the impact of the risks.
ISO 31000 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements to implement a Risk Management process and framework. During this training course, you will be able to understand the fundamental Risk Management strategies.
After completing this course, you can take the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental methodologies, guidelines and management approach.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Day 1: Introduction to Risk Management concepts as specified in ISO 31000
Day 2: Risk Management processes and Certification Exam
Examination and Certification:
For more information about the examination and certification visit www.pecb.com
- Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued by PECB
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free (through PECB)
Participants are required to bring their copy of the ISO 31000 standard to this training program. These can be purchased through the International Organization for Standardization and the Canadian Standards Association.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Risk Management
- Comprehend the basic processes of Risk Management
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques for managing risk
- Individuals involved in Risk Management
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of Risk Management
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Risk Management
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This program is only available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.