This one-day IACET-accredited course is designed to provide attendees with a thorough understanding of the design, implementation and verification of a full internal audit program within the food facility.
Conducting internal audits with a food safety focus is required to determine whether your food safety management system is implemented effectively. The analysis of results is critical to ensure that the food safety plan continues to be effective. Challenges to achieving continual improvement in food safety programs can occur due to improperly conducted and documented internal audits. Gain the knowledge and skills to internally audit your food safety management system effectively to ensure food safety and compliance with regulatory and GFSI benchmarked food safety standard requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Determine the purpose and write the scope of an internal audit based on industry case studies
- Create an internal audit checklist for an assigned program
- Complete an internal audit non-conformance/corrective action report for an assigned industry scenario
- Write objective audit report statements
- Prerequisite(s): A strong food safety background is required.
Prerequisite(s): A strong food safety background is required.
This course is also available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
This program is also available as an instructor-led webinar: Principles of Internal Auditing - Webinar.
This program is also available as a self-paced eLearning course: Principles of Internal Auditing Online.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between inspection, audit and verification activities
- Discuss the role of internal auditing in maintaining and improving the food safety system
- Apply techniques in planning and conducting audits and writing internal audit reports
- Use objective evidence to assess conformance and impact of non-conformances on food safety
- Manage the corrective and preventive action process for continual improvement
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
- Facility Managers
- Food Safety Managers
- Food Industry Personnel looking to implement
- and/or improve their facility’s internal audit program
- Global Food Safety Managers and Personnel
- HACCP Managers and Personnel
- Internal Food Safety Auditors
- Maintenance Supervisors
- Operations, Maintenance and Sanitation Managers
- Production Managers and Supervisors
- QA/QC Managers and Personnel
- Quality Auditors
- Quality Systems Coordinators
- Supply Chain Managers
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This program is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.