For information on virtual instructor-led training, please email us.
This official SQFI training course meets the training requirement for the SQF consultant and will provide the SQF practitioner with the knowledge to develop their in-house food safety management system. SQF consultants must also successfully complete the online exam provided directly through SQFI.
The SQF Code is a HACCP-based food safety and quality management system that applies to all sectors of the food industry, from primary production to distribution. This training course helps sites and individuals understand the SQF Food Safety Code for Primary Production so an effective SQF System can be implemented.
This course covers food safety requirements only. For information on building your quality management system and related training, please see the SQF Quality Systems for Manufacturing training course.
- Participants will receive a copy of the SQF Food Safety Code for Primary Production, Edition 8.1.
- Exam is optional for course participants and is offered through NSF Training and Education Services
- The exam is an additional fee
- Instructions on taking the exam are provided during the program
- The exam can be purchased in US Dollars or Canadian Dollars
Prerequisite(s): A good understanding and working knowledge of food safety management systems is essential.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Describe SQF system elements
- Implement and maintain SQF systems
- develop, validate and verify your food safety plans and SQF system
- Prepare for SQF certification
- Understand requirements for SQF practitioners and SQF consultants
Meeting GFSI requirements involves developing a strong internal audit program and conducting an internal audit of your food safety management system. Attend NSF’s Principles of Internal Auditing training program and gain the knowledge and skills to conduct an internal audit of your food safety management system and manage the corrective and preventive action process for continual improvement. This training program is available via open enrollment courses, onsite training, self-paced eLearning and instructor-led webinars, click here for USA sessions and here for Canadian sessions.
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425
- Ag Sector Professionals
- Food Safety Auditors and Consultants
- Food Safety and Compliance Managers
- Food Safety Personnel
- Food Supplier Management
- Global Food Safety Managers and Personnel
- HACCP Coordinator and Team Members
- HACCP Personnel
- Operations, Maintenance and Sanitation Managers
- Supervisors and Personnel
- QA/QC Managers and Personnel
- Quality Auditors
- Quality System Coordinators
- Senior Managers
- Sites Seeking SQF Certification
- Supply Chain Managers
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This course is also available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.