This course is also available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
This official SQFI training course is designed for individuals working in the food packaging manufacturing industry. This course meets the training requirement for the SQF consultant and will provide the SQF practitioner with the knowledge to develop their in-house food safety management system. SQF consultants must also successfully complete the online exam provided directly through SQFI.
The SQF Code is a HACCP-based food safety and quality management system that applies to all sectors of the food industry, from primary production to distribution. The Implementing SQF Systems for Food Packaging Manufacturers training course helps sites and individuals understand the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Food Packaging so an effective SQF System can be implemented. Understand the requirements of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Food Packaging including system elements, implementation, rating system and audit scoring, so you can implement an effective system.
This course covers food safety requirements only. For information on building your quality management system and related training, please see the SQF Quality Systems for Food Manufacturing training course.
Participants will receive a copy of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Food Packaging, Edition 8.1.
- Exam is optional for course participants and is offered directly through SQFI
- The exam is an additional fee of $75.00 USD
- Instructions on taking the exam are provided during the program
Meeting GFSI requirements involves developing a strong internal audit program and conducting an internal audit of your food safety management system. Attend NSF’s Principles of Internal Auditing training program and gain the knowledge and skills to conduct an internal audit of your food safety management system and manage the corrective and preventive action process for continual improvement. This training program is available via open enrolment courses, onsite training, self-paced eLearning and instructor-led webinars.
Prerequisite(s): A good understanding and working knowledge of food safety management systems is essential.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Understand the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Food Packaging and modules applicable to food packaging manufacturing sector
- Understand requirements for SQF practitioners and SQF consultants
- Identify the SQF System elements and Mandatory Requirements
- Implement, manage and maintain SQF Systems in a food packaging manufacturing environment
- Develop, validate and verify the elements of food packaging safety plans under the SQF System
- Know how to prepare for the SQF certification audit
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425
- Facility Managers
- Food Safety Auditors and Consultants
- Food Safety and Compliance Managers
- Food Safety Personnel
- Food Supplier Management
- Global Food Safety Managers and Personnel
- HACCP Coordinator and Team Members
- HACCP Personnel
- Owners/Operations of Food Packaging Manufacturing Business
- Operations, Maintenance and Sanitation Managers,
- Supervisors and Personnel
- Plant/Corporate Management and Supervisors
- Production Managers and Supervisors
- QA/QC Managers and Personnel
- Quality Auditors
- Quality System Coordinators
- Senior Managers
- Sites Seeking SQF Certification
- Supply Chain Managers
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This program is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.