This course is also available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
The food safety risks and controls for a food packaging manufacturing facility are different from those for food processors. Whether you manufacture flexible packaging, rigid plastics, cartons, cut and stack labels, or glass or composite cans, this training provides the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop, implement and maintain a HACCP-based food safety management system.
What You’ll Do
- Differentiate between critical control points (CCPs) and process controls (PCs)
- Create a process flow for your operation
- Use the decision tree to identify process controls and critical control points (CCPs)
- Examine shared HACCP plan models for various packaging materials
- Work through CFIA HACCP forms 1-11 for an identified packaging product and manufacturing process
This course concludes with an online examination. The link to access the exam will be emailed to the email address used for course registration. The online exam must be completed within ten business days of having completed the training course, following which, the exam access will expire.
Prerequisite(s): Working knowledge of the food packaging industry is essential. A good understanding of food safety principles is beneficial.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer 1.3 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of HACCP in managing food safety along the packaging supply chain
- Identify packaging-related food safety hazards
- Define prerequisite programs and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Develop and implement your HACCP plan
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
- Facilities Managers
- Food Safety Personnel
- Global Food Safety Coordinators & Managers
- HACCP Team Members
- Owners/Operators of Food Manufacturing Business
- QA/QC Managers, Technicians & Supervisors
- Supply Chain Managers
- Production, Manufacturing and Operations personnel
Online Exam Information:
- The exam is open book, which means that you may refer to any notes taken during the course, as well as relevant training materials. You will be allowed a total of two attempts to successfully complete the examination.
- Once started, you will have 120 minutes per attempt to compete the exam. Learners may NOT stop and resume the examination at a later time. Once started, you must complete the attempt within 120 minutes.
- Upon successful completion of the online exam, your NSF Certificate of Accomplishment is immediately available for download as PDF and for printing. If the exam is not written within 10 business days of completing the training course, the learner will need to re-register for the exam and pay an extension fee of $175.
- If you do not pass after two attempts, you will need to re-register for the course and pay the full registration fee.
Computer and Internet Connection:
- You will need regular access to a computer with an internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is recommended.
- Compatible Web Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE Edge and higher
You must have a valid email address to receive your login and password information.
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact email@example.com one week prior to your class.
This program is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.