This course is also available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.
Your prerequisite programs are the foundation of an effective food safety system and are essential to meet regulatory and compliance standards and customer expectations.
This course covers current best practices for developing, documenting and implementing food safety prerequisite programs (PRPs). Robust and effective prerequisite programs prevent contamination and support your HACCP-based food safety system. This course focuses on prerequisite programs as defined by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) as an accepted approach to a preventive control plan (PCP) and is aligned with the expectations of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and categorize hazards
- Identify appropriate controls for hazards
- Write a standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Conduct a gap assessment of your current practices to PRP requirements
- Check your learning progress with self-assessments throughout the program
As an IACET Accredited Provider, NSF Training and Education
Services offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET
Standard. NSF Training and Education Services is authorized by IACET to offer
1.3 CEUs for this program.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Describe the role documentation plays in effective PRPs
- Recognize the elements required in documented PRP SOPs
- Identify prerequisite control measures for food safety hazards
- List the PRPs and components of PRPs required for food safety
- Identify steps to PRP implementation and management
- Begin developing or strengthening your prerequisite programs
For training in Quebec, Canada:
NSF Training and Education Services is accredited by the Labor Market Partners Board for the purposes of the Act to promote the development and recognition of the skills of the workforce. Certificate #0059425.
- Food Safety & Quality Personnel
- Global Food Safety Personnel
- HACCP Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Lab Personnel
- Operations/Maintenance/Sanitation Personnel
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- Plant Managers/Supervisors
- Product Development Personnel
- Production Managers/Supervisors
- Public Health Inspectors
- QA/QC Personnel
- Quality Auditors
This program is recognized by the International HACCP Alliance.
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements
of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any
reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This program is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.