For information on virtual instructor-led training, please email
NSF Training and Education Services and the Global Food Defense Institute (GFDI) are pleased to announce a new partnership that will make GFDI’s food defense training courses available to NSF’s North American clients in the food and beverage industry.
Is your organization prepared to handle an incident/crisis situation and communicate effectively about what is being done in response?
Join homeland security and global food defense and law enforcement expert Rod Wheeler, Founder and CEO, Global Food Defense Institute, for this in-depth workshop that prepares you to manage food defense, develop facility security plans and programs, and act swiftly in incident, crisis and hostile situations.
The U.S. FDA Revised Draft Guidance March 2019 – Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration, Chapter 8: Education, Training or Experience (New March 2019), provides guidance to help you understand the education, training and experience required for individuals who perform certain activities under the IA rule. Click here to access the document.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Examine your facility’s preparedness to confront the changing landscape of crises and continual emergence of new threats
- Conduct a vulnerability assessment
- Develop mitigation strategies
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of mitigation strategies in protecting the food supply
- Develop a crisis/incident management plan and conduct a practical crisis/incident management exercise to test the plan
- Outline similarities between your recall plans, environmental, health and safety (EHS) plans and food defense plans and recognize how these can complement one another
- Develop your facility evacuation plan
- Identify warning signs of individuals who pose a threat and de-escalate a hostile employee
- Certification Managers
- Senior Management and Facility Managers
- QA Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Technicians
- HACCP Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Packaging Engineers/Developers
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- Plant Managers/Supervisors
- Production Managers, Supervisors and Leads
- QA/QC Personnel
- Quality Systems Coordinators
- Regulatory Authorities & Personnel
- Risk and Compliance Managers
- Sanitation Supervisors, Technicians and Leads
- Security Personnel
- Supply Chain Managers
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This course is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.