Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this course will not be available for the balance of 2020. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
This two-day course is designed to teach participants the new approach of the AIAG-VDA FMEA First Edition, and provide them with the tools and techniques to complete the form in support of your organization's Design Engineering function. It is essential that participants have experience creating and using FMEA tools as the basic fundamentals of Design FMEA are not discussed.
Although Design FMEA and Process FMEA share a common form, the thought processes are much different for each one. This training is written specifically for engineers who will be involved with Design FMEAs
Whether your organization is registered to IATF 16949, or ISO 9001, the FMEA is likely the most powerful tool that Process Engineers and Managers have at their disposal. Training in the FMEA methodology can assist all members of the organization to anticipate failure and prevent a problem before it occurs.
The following are highlights of the Design FMEA topics discussed:
- The seven phases of FMEA
- Focus Elements
- Boundary Diagrams, Interface Diagrams, Parameter Diagrams
- Action Priorities (AP) to replace Risk Priority Numbers (RPN)
- Design functions rather than component reliability as the basis for design sufficiency
- Simplified approach by using baseline or family PFMEAs as modules to build new programs
- Increased emphasis on the effect of failure on vehicle systems and passenger safety
- Preventive controls vs. Detective controls
- Completing the DFMEA form
Classroom lecture is combined with interactive workshops created from the organization’s own Design FMEAs to ensure that participants understand how to upgrade their existing Design FMEAs to the new AIAG-VDA format and create new Design FMEAs for future automotive programs to increase their value for the company and its customers.
- Product Design Engineers
- Manufacturing Process Engineers
- Quality Engineers
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This program is only available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.