This course is designed as an ideal follow-up to the Canadian Nutrition Labelling program and features more hands-on workshop exercises to apply the knowledge gained. A more detailed look at nutrient content claims and health claims is also featured. The course covers nutritional labelling modernization and the new and more complex rules related to serving sizes. We also provide a peek at proposed front-of-package nutrition symbol labelling.
Prerequisite(s): 3-5 years’ nutrition labelling experience or completion of the Canadian Nutrition Labelling workshop is strongly recommended. This course is not at a beginner level.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between correct and incorrect nutrition labelling
- Tranlate nutrient data for use in a Nutrition Facts table (NFt) and accurately present that information in an NFt
- Clarify how the ingredient list, nutrient content and health claims affect the NFt
- Discuss how CFIA gauges tolerance related to declared nutrient values
- Discuss the different categories of nutrient content, health claims and statements
- Determine which applicable criteria make nutrient content and health claims eligible and which disqualify claims
- Properly present nutrient content and health claims on a label or advertisement
- Better appreciate the transition to the new nutrition labelling regulations
- Apply or prepare to apply the new serving size rules
- Food Inspectors
- Food Safety & Quality Consultants
- Food Safety Personnel
- Food Scientists
- Food Service Personnel
- Food Technologists
- Global Food Safety Personnel
- HACCP Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Marketing Personnel
- Owners/Operations of Food Business
- Plant Managers/Supervisors
- Product Development Personnel
- Production Managers/Supervisors
- Public Health Inspectors
- R&D Personnel
- Regulatory Authorities & Personnel
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class.
This program is available as an onsite offering. Please email us for a quote.